How to use OFlash and things like that
Copy the oflash directory to the extensions directory of your MediaWiki installation. Add to the bottom of LocalSettings.php:
Oflash uses a self-closing <oflash /> tag with these attributes:
- file: The path of the flash SWF or video. Can be given as an absolute or relative path (like src in <img>) or a URI like http://bleh.com/bleh.swf . If the path ends in .swf (case insensitive) it will embedded as a standard flash file. If the path ends in anything else (doesn't have to be .flv or .mp4) it will be treated as a flash video and the included media player will be embedded.
- thumb: If you define this as anything other than "false" it will default to true. If you omit the attribute it will default to false. If true the flash will be placed within the same <div>s that the MonoBook MediaWiki skin uses to make thumbnail images that float to the right. Also the flash will be scaled down (or possibly up) to 180px in width.
- caption: If thumb is true, then this caption will be used and will use MonoBooks thumbnail caption style. You can use wiki formatting in it like [[Bleh]] and stuff.
- width & height: The width and height of the animation or video. If a video, the right amount of height will be added for the player controls. If thumb is true, still give the original width and height, as these values will be used for the scaling.
- flashvars: Any FlashVars to be passed to the animation. Only applies to animations (.swf files), does not forward any further FlashVars to the media player.
Orifice Software | OFlash | Fergal Hainey